Managing all combinations of User/Program is tedious and error prone. Programmatic maintenance of underlying security files requires some levels of abstraction.
Implementing Role Based Security is one of the things I do for a living. I have, over the years, written numerous tools to expedite the process. Buy a month (or two) of my time and I will implement role based security. This includes programmatic maintenance (i.e. automated) of the following files:
- F0001 - Business Unit Security
- F0082 - Custom Menus
- F0003 - Action Code Security
- F9612 - Function Key Security
- F8201 - World Writer Security
- F00042 - User Defined Code Security
- F0080 - Supplemental Data Type Security
In addition, there are multiple programs for aggregating F00950 security for shops running OneWorld in a co-existence environment.