Self-starting systems analyst/project manager with over 25 years experience in Database Programming (DB2 and Oracle). Extensive experience in Financials (G/L, A/R, A/P) and Distribution and Manufacturing. Equally comfortable with both the technical and human side of the job, most recent areas of concentration have been implementation methodologies/standards, policy compliance and systems integration.
Leading Edge Software Services,
working at Leading Edge, a
· Application Security (Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance) – Lead team implementing a Security Maintenance system for JDEdwards World and OneWorld. Client defined 'Policies' allow for table-driven automation of all required file maintenance, and a full suite of integrity/audit reports demonstrate compliance.
· iSeries Object Authority – Created an audit tool which allowed for programmatic implementation of object authorities from a human readable policy. Audit reports verify policy compliance. This application was implemented using the WorldSoftware Case tools.
· Accounting Interfaces – Multiple distributed Oracle databases generate information (G/L, A/P) which must be imported into the JDEdwards accounting systems. This was done using DRDA (Distributed Relational Database Architecture) and the Oracle product Oracle Access Manager.
· SAP Interfaces – Conversion to SAP Payroll and H/R required Address Book and Vendor Master interfaces to J. D. Edwards.
Other accomplishments include:
Purchasing – A
· General Accounting - Changes in accounting practices caused a need to reassign JDEdwards Address Book Numbers for a group of vendors. This re-sequencing involved data conversions to a majority the files, including over nine years of purchasing history.
· Accounts Payable - Redesigned process for entry and payment of utilities. A redesigned front-end cut data-entry time in half, and the check print program was modified to create an ACH/EDI file for direct transmission to the bank, eliminating the need to print over 600 checks a month.
· Training – Conducted in-house training for JDEdwards APCS and CASE tool
PentaSafe Security Technologies,
Senior Software Developer
PentaSafe enables companies to safely grow their business by providing integrated security management solutions that ensure continuous compliance with security policies as well as defend against the latest security threats.
· VigilEnt Security Agent for J.D. Edwards WorldSoftware™ - Designed, implemented, and supported a point product providing audit capabilities thoroughly documenting application security, both as intended (policy) and as actually implemented; automating and simplifying creation of application security implementation; automatic creation of custom menus based upon defined application access policy.
· VigilEnt Security Agent for iSeries – Secure – Remote Request Manager implemented native (green-screen) user interface for Remote Request Manager, a product providing exit point management for the iSeries. The user interface was implemented using in-house development methodologies, and was written entirely in ILE/RPG, using embedded SQL..
· Pentasafe Deployment Architecture – Pentasafe Deployment Architecture is an in-house development methodology allowing for rapid and repeatable implementation of interactive data-base applications (on the AS/400). Functions related purely to the user interface are separated from those related to application logic (business rules). This separation of functionality allows for common logic to be shared by graphic and text user interfaces. This methodology was adopted by the entire department, consisting of roughly 15 programmers.
Technical Project Leader
My duties at J.D.Edwards were quite varied, depending upon the specific client’s needs.
A partial list of clients and responsibilities:
Grupo Cementos de Chihuahua (
· J. D. Edwards Training – Experience with both application and technical training, including A.P.C.S. (Advanced Programming Concepts and Skills), the CASE tool, iSeries Security, iSeries Performance, J. D. Edwards Security, Payroll and H/R.
A partial list of clients and responsibilities:
Pilgrim’s Pride (
· Vinson & Elkins – Changes in legislation resulted in a need to update the Benefit Administration System that I had written as an employee of Vinson & Elkins. While most of the system was table-driven, some changes to the code-base were required.
Vinson & Elkins,
Analyst / Programmer
· Designed, implemented and supported Benefit Administration System
· Supported all interfaces to ADP Payroll
· Security Officer (performance tuning, disaster recover, configuration)
· Team member, Data Warehousing project
Gerald D. Hines Interests, LTD.,
· CMAS Payroll
· Team member, McCormack & Dodge General Ledger implementation
in Computational and Applied Mathematics,